cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emojis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you tell me please if O2 charge for the use of emojis if included in texts. Thank you! 😀
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125931 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Community help guide here @Anonymous.If you look at the section re emoticons this will tell you all you need to know https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/ba-p/1014132

Emoji's or emoticons are the biggest single source of converting a simple SMS to MMS. They eat up your allowed character count...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this mean (I'm a bit of a technophobe!) that if in settings I have switched off the automatic SMS option in my iPhone settings, that there shouldn't be a charge associated with sending a standard text as part of my allowance, which include emojis?
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 125931 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Community help guide here @Anonymous.If you look at the section re emoticons this will tell you all you need to know https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/ba-p/1014132

Emoji's or emoticons are the biggest single source of converting a simple SMS to MMS. They eat up your allowed character count...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 125931 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Does this mean (I'm a bit of a technophobe!) that if in settings I have switched off the automatic SMS option in my iPhone settings, that there shouldn't be a charge associated with sending a standard text as part of my allowance, which include emojis?

See my link above @Anonymous ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149344 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Turn off MMS in your settings and you are correct with your assumption. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6