Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: Early upgrade? Like really early?

The thing is, you are asking O2 to give you a Samsung Galaxy S at the 24 month price, but only want to commit for an extra 14 months.

So O2 would rather I didn't renew my contract AT ALL than give them an extra 14 months?
Surely 14 guaranteed extra months from me is better than me not renewing my contract at all? Or am I missing something?

So if that happens, what happens if you decide you want to upgrade half way through the next contract?

I'd imagine another advisor gets their ear bent Smiley Sad
Anonymous

It seems that we live in an age where so many people are given the option to sign an 18 month contract but decide to opt for the cheaper 24 month plan, that in itself is fine, but so many then go on to want special pardon to break the agreement halfway through! None of the phone networks allow customers to cut free whenever they so choose, it all points back to the terms agreed by the said customer from the offset.
Tesco is still powered by o2 so I expect if ever there was a competitor o2 would want you to defect it would be one where 50% of the resulting income reverted straight back to o2!
Anonymous

in all honesty i aggree with what most people have said in this thread.
you cant just decide half way through your contract you dont like the phone you have or the contract your on.
its like signing any contract its a commitment
o2 let you upgrade a month early so tecnically you only have to wait 9!! go and have a baby that ill pass the time!! new phone and kid lol lol
well o2 have acctually let me upgrade nearly two months early go knows why my contract isnt due up till 21st nov and i got a new phone today
its isnt all bleak you just have to be patient.!!! anyway in 9 months time there will be some other phone you want and not the galaxy s so count yourself lucky they havnt let you upgrade early becasue in 3 4 months times youll ring them and say oh i dont want this phone anymore i want another one can you cancel my contract and start again!!!