Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does customer loyalty not mean anything anymore

Chl0e
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i just felt the need to share my feedback here, i have been a customer of o2 for over 20 years and yesterday i decided to upgrade my phone, i couldn't believe the poor offer i was given, £32 for an iphone 6 plus 500 data incl calls an txt, and they wanted an upfront payment.

Virgin however never been with them, for a new customer offered me a far better deal for an extra £6 a iphone 7 plus with 1gb data, unlimited txt and 1000 mins talk time, and no upfront cost - both contracts are 2 years

So i am absolutely dissapointed in O2  does customer loyalty not mean anything anymore, 20 years staying with them, i just expected a far better deal. it just seems since sky took over o2 really not keeping up with its reoutation, any one else stumbled upon this ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

doesthishelp
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having been in this position myself before - Its a question of "do I NEED the latest phone now ?" Its balancing need and want. In my case my existing phone was still working fine, so I switched to Sim only deal - the money I was saving I put aside every month - within 18 months the phone I had wanted, had been replaced and I had enough money saved to make a significant dent in the next next generation phone. Had I missed much by not having the latest - not that I noticed. As most of the cost of a new phone goes to a companies Profit and marketing budget -oops sorry but theve got enough money anyhow slight_smile 

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@harroldianwrote:

sky has't taken over.A float is possible or tie up with the people who own Virgin, I think

Great conspiracy theory slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Best thing you can do for the very best possible deals is to buy your handset outright. Then ask O2 for a SIM only and get them to port your number over. Assuming you’re happy with O2 in every other way then that’s the way forward.

Virgin use EE’s network but for your info Virgin subscribers do not the full benefit of EE’s 4G network ie no Band 7 2600mHz which might put you at a disadvantage alongside regular EE users. 

Finally if you have to go then be sure to check coverage in all your regular haunts. EE/Virgin might well claim to have coverage in a particular area but the proof of the pudding is in the eating...

Message 13 of 13