Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does customer loyalty not mean anything anymore

Chl0e
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i just felt the need to share my feedback here, i have been a customer of o2 for over 20 years and yesterday i decided to upgrade my phone, i couldn't believe the poor offer i was given, £32 for an iphone 6 plus 500 data incl calls an txt, and they wanted an upfront payment.

Virgin however never been with them, for a new customer offered me a far better deal for an extra £6 a iphone 7 plus with 1gb data, unlimited txt and 1000 mins talk time, and no upfront cost - both contracts are 2 years

So i am absolutely dissapointed in O2  does customer loyalty not mean anything anymore, 20 years staying with them, i just expected a far better deal. it just seems since sky took over o2 really not keeping up with its reoutation, any one else stumbled upon this ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chl0e Since O2 introduced Refresh a few years ago. That’s when any loyalty disappeared so it’s the same deal for everyone now

Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sky is nothing to do with O2 and loyalty means nothing.
It's all business as far as O2 are concerned.
If you call 202 and talk to the re-contract team, they may offer you a small discount / deal but not usually anything of major significance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

doesthishelp
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Go sim only and buy the phone for cash its cheaper in the long rum and currently the most cost effective way, giving you more flexbility to switch

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@doesthishelpwrote:

Go sim only and buy the phone for cash its cheaper in the long rum and currently the most cost effective way, giving you more flexbility to switch

@doesthishelp Not everyone has the disposable income to do that though

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not necessarily true anymore either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Chl0e As said, loyalty counts for nothing these days, but what you also need to consider is what kind of coverage you'll get if you switch providers. Obviously you've been happy with O2 as you've stayed for 20 years, so it's something to consider, and perhaps even more important than a better deal on price.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Loyalty supposedly went when O2 decided to introduce Fair Deal for All but not all new or old customers are treated equally. In many instances it can be better to finish your contract and join as a new customer where much better deals can be had either through O2 or an independent such as CPW.  Of course you would need to port your number out then port it back in days . But maybe it 30 days....A little messy but over 2 years you could save a few hundred pounds and get better allowances.

Message 8 of 13

harroldian
  • 12 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sky has't taken over.A float is possible or tie up with the people who own Virgin, I think

Message 9 of 13

harroldian
  • 12 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went in the shop last year when my contract was up and they offered me double the call and data for less money. I have always found O" customer service to be excleent,Friends with EE are paying more for less.

Message 10 of 13