cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm discussing with my bank too, but the more people aware and able to try and help, the better.

I was abroad for a year, only recently returning to the UK. Knowing I'd still use my phone even with the roaming charges, I didn't cancel my direct debit. Then, when I went to China my phone died. No charging, no response. Dead phone.

I went online to cancel my direct debit and it appeared I was successful. I happily put that to bed to focus on getting a new phone.

It didn't cancel.

I found this out when I managed to log into my bank account back here in the UK. 

My last bill from O2 is from December 2016 and reads £0.00, but my account has been paying out the usual £15.xx for the past year. Not entirely sure what to do as that's a significant chunk of money when you add it all up, going out for a service I wasn't receiving or in need of, dead phone and all.

Many thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Cancelling your direct debit wouldn’t cancel your contract with o2 anyway and your contract would continue to run on a monthly basis.
How to cancel help here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Cancelling your direct debit wouldn’t cancel your contract with o2 anyway and your contract would continue to run on a monthly basis.
How to cancel help here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2