Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data bolt ons down for a week now...

isitafox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been a week now since I tried adding a data bolt on and they're currently not working.

The funny thing is most of the people I've spoken to don't even know this (Indian call centre/online team have no idea about it whatsoever) and those that do can't say when it will be fixed.

Has anyone else had the same trouble?

I've had all sorts of reasons thrown at me including it must be the app, I need to restart my phone for the data to show, I need to give it at least 24hrs for the data to be added, etc....

Would be nice if O2 addressed the matter by making some sort of announcement to say there is a problem and they don't know when it will be fixed to save me having to ring or speak to someone online and go through the same questions every day!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT

Are you aware of problems applying bolt ons. This is the first I have heard of it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I had the same problem a while back but live chat added it for me no problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

isitafox
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not the same problem, live chat tried adding data, UK and India customer service tried adding data, UK customer service even tried adding a free 1gb extra for 3 months to try to get it working and nothing does. When I try online or on the app I get all the emails and texts confirming but I don't get the data and the charges don't show on my account (online or app).
Message 4 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @isitafox@Cleoriff@MI5 We're not aware of any issues with data boltons but I'll confirm that now. @isitafox if there are no widespread issues it may be something to do with your individual account. If this is the case I'll drop you a private message so I can get some details. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 11

isitafox
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well the girl I spoke to Thursday had (apparently) received an email that morning about the problem and according to the person I chatted to this morning Telefonica O2 were aware and it was under investigation although both those sounded like me being fobbed off as they really didn't know what the problem was!
Message 6 of 11

Jumper
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having same problem today on my PAYG iPad simm..... when trying to top up data, I don’t get the option to manage account on the mobile data setting screen...... phoned customer service and like others, they seem aware but no idea what problem is!

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2

This problem is still ongoing?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I've heard back on this one and there are currently no widespread issues with boltons. @isitafox@Jumper I'll send you both a private message so I can get some details and have this looked into for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 11

SamJ
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting the exact same issue. New contract for  3 weeks ( changed from Tesco to O2 via carphone warehouse) although this contract was for 30gb data but have used 15 and I'm told thats the limit.

o2.JPGI've been in touch with the customer services support four times now and was told that there was an issue, they were aware of it and if nothing had changed in the next 72 hours ( since 3rd November 2018)  then get back in touch after 5 working days!!

they have attempted to add bolt ons but does not work, its beyond a joke that it takes 5 working days to sort out.

CS keep on saying it's an account issue but no can tell me what that it is!

Not setting a very good experience of O2 so far, in fact it's shocking

Message 10 of 11