Did you mean: 

Account migration and switchup problems since April - sick and tired of CS

SJTK_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm absolutely at a lost end and I'm really hoping anyone with a similar experience, or who works for O2 can help.

My account kept failing to migrate to the new billing system, from legacy. In the end, after multiple attempts my account migrated in April, for a while I kept not being able to manage my account due to the migration. The airpods I purchased through O2 on a device plan would sometimes show up on my account and other times disappear, so I ended up just clearing the balance to prevent any issues with this, as often I couldn't even see them on there...

Anyway:

I've had O2 switch up for a long time and am hoping to use this again in a month or so. However, my account is in such a broken state that I cannot get this to work online.

I can see switch up active on my O2, but when I click 'upgrade' I get an error message 'oops something went wrong' - when I call O2 they barely understand the issue, promise a fix and never get it sorted. This means I am paying for a plus plan that I cannot use the benefits of. My last switch-up was in January, so it's not within the 90 days. 

I also can't change my tariff, due to the same error message, or view my data use, or add a bolt on - I get the same 'oops something went wrong'. Sometimes I can't even view my bills and get the same error.

I've tried on the app, on my phone's browser and on my desktop.

From searching on here, I can see people have had the same issue in store - so I want to get this issue fixed before I go to a store and waste hours more of my time, but ideally I want to do the switch up online.

I've tried emailing the complaints review service (I raised a complaint in April, then May and now again this week), I've never had a response.

Any ideas or has anyone else successfully resolved this? I'm really sick and tired of CS saying 'try again tomorrow', 'I'll raise a ticket to get it fixed', 'this is normal', 'there's no issue', 'you can't change your tariff or spend cap online anyway' (wrong...) or just completely fail to understand what I am asking them/telling them

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@SJTK_ 

A few others have reported the same issue.

Nothing can be done it seems.

Some have left O2.

Some complained https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

and others just waiting for a fix.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9016 Posts
  • 204 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@SJTK_ wrote:

I've tried emailing the complaints review service (I raised a complaint in April, then May and now again this week), I've never had a response.

It has previously been mentioned @SJTK_on this forum that each complaint about the same issue supersedes the previous one and effectively sets the clock back to zero. My understanding is that it is fine to remind O2 about an existing complaint ; but don't resubmit it !   

I suggest that you look at :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

Hence, I suggest that you remind O2 in four weeks' time ; and then escalate to the Ombudsman in just over eight weeks if you still have not heard from O2.   

Message 3 of 9

SJTK_
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I have emailed them replying to my initial email, each time referencing the first email and asking for them to actually respond. The email prior to today was in early May, so it’s well past the 8 weeks from even then.

I have just submitted my complaint to the communication ombudsman. I did this last in 2020 when they were, again, useless at resolving issues. Such a shame that we have to resort to extremes to get someone at O2 to actually communicate properly with customers.

Thank you for your reply. 

Message 4 of 9

SJTK_
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

Good luck @SJTK_ 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
  • 9016 Posts
  • 204 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Please keep us informed of developments @SJTK_👍

Message 7 of 9

SJTK_
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Just as an update - I reached out to the social media team and the communications ombudsman.

Ive had no update from o2, or any of the promised call backs. 

The ombudsman rang me yesterday, accepting the case. 
Magically, today, my o2 now works, I can see my usage, I can change my tariff and I can use switch up online…

Not sure why this took until April to fix - but at least it has been fixed.

It would have been nice for someone from o2 to have contacted me to explain why it took so long, why so many people in CS said conflicting things, but at least it has been fixed. 
I’ll leave the case open with the ombudsman, as o2 have still not provided what they should have since April. 

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
  • 9016 Posts
  • 204 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

At least that is progress @SJTK_ ! 👍

Message 9 of 9