cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM swap number migration problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if someone can give me some advice- I phoned O2 on 9/6/13 to ask request changing from a simplicity contract to payg and asked to keep my existing phone number.  I was told that this would be no problem, and that they would send me a payg which I should swap into my phone on Monday when the contract sim lost service.  I received a text on Sunday to confirm that my number would swap to the new sim and to keep turning my phone on and off till this worked.  I did this- and after 4 or so hours of having no service on my old phone number, I rang O2 who assured me that the migration request had been processed but that it may take up to 24hrs (although when I have changed my sim to a microsim in the past this was done within one hour).  I waited till 24hrs passed and then rang back to speak to someone who said they would investigate and then get back to me. 

The sent me an email to say "this request has became stuck in our system I have raised a case with our service desk online team to have this resolved the normal timescale is 3-5 working days we hope to have it sorted within that timescale".  I rang O2 back to say that this is not acceptable, as I was told that this was not going to be a problem, and given that I am leaving the country for 3 months on Saturday this timescale was not appropriate as I had been assured that this would be sorted on Monday.  The customer service girl said there is nothing that they can do- there is no way to speed the process up and it would take a minimum of 3 extra days to do this. 

Given that this is o2s problem and no fault of mine- I find it unreasonable that they cannot do anything about it now as it "got stuck" in their system, especially since there is an online form to request number migration, so I would assume that this is something that they do regularly.  This has left me so that I cannot receive any texts from friends and family who are trying to contact me before I leave the country- and so I have had to text all of these people to explain that I have a temporary number which has taken a considerable amount of my credit. 

Please can someone advise if there is anything that I can do to get this resolved before Saturday???  I can't understand how if the request has gone to another department, there is no way to speed it up. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really.

All you can do is keep on at them and fill in the online complaint form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really.

All you can do is keep on at them and fill in the online complaint form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Message 2 of 2