cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my phone in the US

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am going to the US in October and have a contract Iphone. I know to turn off data and data roaming, and i dont plan on phoning the uk.

Will it cost anything just to switch my phone on in the us and do I have to do anything or will it automatically connect to a local network?

Also will it cost to call a US number?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your phone will automatically connect to a US carrier if you leave the cellular network on.

HOWEVER...it costs a fortune to make or recieve calls, or send and recieve txts!

What i did when I was there was to turn the cellular network off, turn off data roaming and only ever connect to WiFi. Doing this I could use WhatsApp, Facebook, BBM, etc without fear of being charged anything.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your phone will automatically connect to a US carrier if you leave the cellular network on.

HOWEVER...it costs a fortune to make or recieve calls, or send and recieve txts!

What i did when I was there was to turn the cellular network off, turn off data roaming and only ever connect to WiFi. Doing this I could use WhatsApp, Facebook, BBM, etc without fear of being charged anything.

Message 2 of 2