Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number from O2 to O2, major issues, help needed

van_Tahn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have a major problem and need some help. 

I had an existing sim only contract with O2 for about 4 years, before that i had a number of monthly contracts with O2 all with the same number. I needed a new phone, the best deal i could get was with an O2 reseller. I explained I needed to keep my number, they said it was simple as it was all O2, just call them after the new phone is received and working. This i did last Thursday, I was on the phone for an hour, spoke to 4 different people but eventually someone said they had actioned the migration to the new phone/sim. This was at about 3.00pm last Thursday, within ten minutes my signal was lost on my old phone. I waited patiently for the new phone too swap over to the new number but this didn't happen. I called O2 at 8.00 the next morning and  explained what had happened, they apologised but said it could take up to 24 hours. I told them the problems not having the number was going to cause me as it was my work phone and I could access my work email or systems and no 0ne could get hold of me. When the 24 hours passed I called again, they kept me on the phone and passed me around several people all of which said they would help but in the end nothing changed. Since then i have spent several hours on the phone with O2, the matter has apparently been escalated and people have promised to call me back but none did..

Today i called at 3.00pm , now 72 hours since the original number went dead, i spoke to 2 seperate people from different departments. They told me they knew what the problem was and that it would be fixed, that the transfer would take place within 3-4 hours, it still hasn't. 

So now I face trying to work tomorrow not knowing who is trying to get hold of me, not able to access my work emails or systems because they use a authenticator app which wants to send me a text. Not able to access my bank and make a payment that is now overdue, cannot use Whatsapp to contact my friends etc. etc. etc.

What the hell more can I do@O2Sarah-

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149032 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions

@van_Tahn 

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks again @MI5 

@van_Tahn I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 3