Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service lied

Daria
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After 24 month contract I have decided to stay with O2 and switch to Pay Monthly. I have called customer service and I said that there is more competitive price with different provider and the customer assistant said he can make a discount so we agreed on 20GB for £16 (initially 20GB for £18), however when I checked on my phone it says my current tarif is 20GB £18. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Daria 

You may have a discount if you check My O2 Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

If you don't see it there then you have to contact customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 and tell them what you were promised

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum. Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Daria 

You may have a discount if you check My O2 Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

If you don't see it there then you have to contact customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 and tell them what you were promised

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum. Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It might be that there is a discount being applied, rather than a reduced tariff.
Have a look at the below guide which tells you where it might be. If there is nothing there then you will need to contact customer services again I'm afraid...
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/ba-p/1075493

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Daria 

It will always quote the full price as the discount has an expiry date. 

The discount will be shown as a bolt on which will also give the date it expires. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
I completely understand wat your saying,it can be misleading but when you go into your account you should be able to see a bolt on with the discount.hope that helps you.
Message 5 of 8

Daria
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 That's correct, I have a discount as a bolt on.

Thank you all for your help!

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

That's fine @Daria thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Glad you're sorted wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8