cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check System Left Me Phoneless

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I recently took out a contract (12 Days ago) for a Oneplus 3t in store and everything went well and I got the contract, then Oneplus decided to make a more beautiful colour of the phone which came in a 'Midnight Black' I was advised that the only way to change the colour would be to cancel the initial contract and take out another but it was online only offer. I proceded to do so only to find that the credit check in the final step of an online purchase would deny me even though I had contract literally days ago, I found that because I had done a credit check in store and another one online they were done too close together. So now I can't get another contract out and I'm forced to leave 02 who have the Oneplus exclusivley.

-Moral of the story checking your credit score brings down your credit store (Oh the irony!!!) :@-

Has anyone had this sort of problem? I've emailed the credit check email still waiting on a reply. As of now my hands are tied.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know if this is the correct place to post but I'll try anyways. I tried moving from payg to o2 sim only contract recently. Everything agreed and setting up direct debit to find it has been declined by Equifax. Strange as my credit score is excellent. Contacted Equifax and my bank who told me to get in touch with o2 credit referrals. I emailed them along with a copy of my credit score only to find that the email has bounced. Can anyone help as I need to get on a sim only deal with better data. 😩😤
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

See your other thread mate.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Failed-credit-check/m-p/1060203

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12