Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

Bev100224
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a cracked screen and need it replacing, do you replace in the shop as I need my phone for work purposes, I have Acc damage insurance with yourselves
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It will have to be sent away for repair.
O2 don't repair anything in store.
You need to call customer services on 202 to process your claim through the insurance but you may be able to get a basic loan phone from your local store whilst yours is away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It will have to be sent away for repair.
O2 don't repair anything in store.
You need to call customer services on 202 to process your claim through the insurance but you may be able to get a basic loan phone from your local store whilst yours is away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also @Bev100224 this is not o2 you are talking to. This is a customer to customer forum

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Talking about cracked screens...my son dropped his Sony Z3 on Monday and the screen shattered at the base of the phone. It was well out of warranty being nearly 3 years old. It still worked, in that people could call, text or email but he couldn't answer as the touch screen wouldn't allow his access.

Took it to a repair shop near us. He wouldn't touch it, said it had to go back to Sony!

Undeterred, we took it into town to a place called City Mobile. Was told he could do it in an hour or so. He quoted £45-£70. It took him 1 hr and 40 minutes.

It's now as good as new and cost £70. Much cheaper than a new phone...but a good job it was out of warranty. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wonderful @Cleoriff ... happy for you & your son Happy Dance ... not happy for the accidental damage of the phone slight_frown ... happy for the great result all-round regarding the repair & phone working well slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Bev100224, and welcome to the Community Wave I'm sorry to hear about your phone, but I hope the answers above helped you decide on your next steps slight_smile Please let us know how you're getting on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6