Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage issues

mcp1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ive been having coverage issues for the last 3 months, have reported multiple times with vodafone continuously saying engineers are fixing a faulty mast or mast is down in your area. I have followed all the steps even factory reset the phone still nothing improves it. I have spoke to o2 who have just credited the account with money i dont want, i want to be able to use my phone without wifi for both calling and internet connection. Does anyone know any other ways to improve on this, i have 10 months left on my contract and dont really want to do with this for that long.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@mcp1988

You have a couple of options really. You could pay off your contract and leave for another network

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

If you did that, you would also need your PAC

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Or you could make a complaint and hope they would allow you to leave without penalty

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link as they usually get better results Resolver

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@mcp1988 If you do decide to pay off your contract and leave, obviously Vodafone would be pretty useless to switch to as they share masts with O2. You should get Pay & Go sims from EE and Three and try them out to see if you get any better coverage from them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @mcp1988, I hope you found the advice above useful, but please let us know how you get on and if you'd like some more help slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well my nephew is due to graduate at Aston Uni and he’s had no end of problems with O2 coverage. There’s a mast down apparently and nothing’s been done about it for ages. 

A pity as as he wanted to move onto O2 Refresh But he has lost his confidence in the network. 

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Skyhawk1010 wrote:

Well my nephew is due to graduate at Aston Uni and he’s had no end of problems with O2 coverage. There’s a mast down apparently and nothing’s been done about it for ages. 

A pity as as he wanted to move onto O2 Refresh But he has lost his confidence in the network. 

It is a shame but a student needs good coverage for his course work. I would be advising your nephew to try free sims from the other networks to find the best coverage option.

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just a difference of a few miles. My Grandson is at Leicester Uni in his second year. He was with EE when he started and had a lot of connection issues. Changed to O2 in August of last year and now has no ptoblems at all

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

mcp1988
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Im still having the same issues, they have said because i live near an airport they wont do anything, they said its in the terms and conditions i have been through the terms and conditions it doesnt say anything about an airport.
Message 8 of 9

mcp1988
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry this was suppose to say o2 not vodafone.
Message 9 of 9