Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Ending Next Month, Sim Only Deal, Same Number

at_least_two_ch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my contract is ending early next month, and as funds are tight, I have decided to stick with the same phone rather than upgrade. I've seen the Sim Only deal (£18, 15GB Data, 18 Months) which seems the most appropriate for me, but that ends 02.10.2019, before my last bill is due for the account. I'd ideally like to not have to pay for 1 month of usage that is duplicated with my current one.

1. If I were to take the Sim Only deal, is there any way for me to have it start at the end of my current contract?

2. And whether or not this is possible, if I were to take the Sim only deal, how do I go about ensuring that I can keep using the same number - the PAC code I'd gather would allow me to change from a network, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be a necessity for that, as I was hoping to stay with O2.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@at_least_two_ch 

All you need to do is upgrade to the sim only deal you want before the offer ends.

By choosing the upgrade route, you will automatically keep your number and you will only have to pay the device plan and new airtime tariff in the last month (note there will be a pro rata charge for the days between the 2nd and your actual end date).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @at_least_two_ch 

When you change to Sim only it usually starts on the same day.

You could call customer services and ask what your options are? Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

PS when I changed to sim only, I kept my same number simply by speaking to customer services, when I moved from a 2 year contract to simo.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@at_least_two_ch 

All you need to do is upgrade to the sim only deal you want before the offer ends.

By choosing the upgrade route, you will automatically keep your number and you will only have to pay the device plan and new airtime tariff in the last month (note there will be a pro rata charge for the days between the 2nd and your actual end date).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4