Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my phone to my car

Snap
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I would appreciate if any of you kind people could help me.

I have Samsung J3 and on pay as you go. My phone has no signal and the car computer can not be installed. The area that I am in is Hawkinge kent. I can use the phone  to communicate but with a lot of difficulty. I was thinking of buying a new phone. Wondering if it is the reason for such a very poor signal

any help would be appreciated..

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Snap
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have now purchased the Galaxy J5 very pleased battery last longer stronger signal and quicker in response. Still having trouble with connecting to the car. My daughter is visiting soon she set up my last phone.thanks for the help John.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Snap You can check your local coverage and signal strength here: http://status.o2.co.uk/

What do you mean by 'the car computer can not be installed'? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You need to check free PAYG sims from other networks to find which network gives you the best coverage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@SnapAre you talking about pairing your devices using Bluetooth, or just using your phone as a hands free device in the car?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The status checker says no problems in Hawkinge Kent and 4G is available so maybe an issue with the sim or the phone. I would be looking at a free sim from ee or Three to check coverage.

Message 5 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Snap, did you get a chance to look at the replies above yet? Please let us know if it helps you or if you need any further advice on this smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 10

Snap
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have decided to up grade my phone talked to customer help this morning. 

Went for Samsung Galaxy J7 tryed to order on line not working told that it would go through tomorrow.

got my fingers crossed thanks for your reply John.

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 8 of 10

Snap
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have now purchased the Galaxy J5 very pleased battery last longer stronger signal and quicker in response. Still having trouble with connecting to the car. My daughter is visiting soon she set up my last phone.thanks for the help John.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Best of luck mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10