Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code received, but not requested

mburton2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just record an access code " You can access your account using this code, if you did not request it, please contact us"

...& of course there is no way of making contact...the web site just goes round & round in useless circles....
What are my best options?..I don't want have to defend my innocence if my account is getting hacked....
TIA.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@mburton2 

Choose fraud Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@mburton2 

Choose fraud Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

mburton2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ps...sorry for all the typos above...can I Edit the post at all?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Edit is on the options drop down when in full view.
Message 4 of 8

mburton2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks...so it is slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Quite often these codes are sent out in error or when people put in the wrong number

Speak to them using any options you are given

Message 6 of 8

mburton2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorted...Thank you..

Now I think about it, a friend of mine got "Done" like this....received a code they didn't ask for...Ignored it...

A little while later got a phone call from a scammer saying they'd been having issues with their own phone/account & had been trying to set up a new password...requested a code, but put in "the wrong phone number by 1 digit" & had been sent to my friends phone...could he have the code please...

Scammed & caused lots of aggro.....

Be aware....stay safe.....

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Good advice...
Message 8 of 8