cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged way too much

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received bills for mine and my daughters phones a few days ago and we have both been charged for using data in Norway but we havent been in Norway... 

We did travel to Poland by car and we have information regarding using data in France, Belgium, Holland and Germany and that was 1. Free and 2. Understandable as we did drive through those countries but we were never in Norway. 

I was charged around £2 for the data and my daughter was charged £40 and these charged weren't even made on the same day. 

I just need help understanding why I was charged for using data in a country that I wasn't in. Besides, Norway is in Europe so eitherway, even if we had been to Norway, we shouldn't have been charged due to the Free Roaming in Europe thing that was introduced earlier this year. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'll guess you took a ferry to France and used data whilst on the ship?
Norway is where the ships data satellite would be based so you pay a large price for using satellite data.
Prices are on this link under ships/ferries/airplanes
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous You'll have to speak to Customer Service regarding the charges. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus Were you by any chance on a ferry during your travels?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'll guess you took a ferry to France and used data whilst on the ship?
Norway is where the ships data satellite would be based so you pay a large price for using satellite data.
Prices are on this link under ships/ferries/airplanes
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I understand it, the name Norway is so called as its the satellite system used by ferries...Usually shown as NOR

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Travelling by car to Poland 🇵🇱 would have to involve crossing the Channel by ferry. I'm guessing the charges would be quite high if data was used. 

Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous did you get a chance to speak to customer services about these charges?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

rulleh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If taking the advice steer clear of the web chat if at all possible. I don't know, but I'm hopeful, if any other avenue of customer service is more competent but the web chat people are simply in a league of their own.
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@rulleh wrote:
If taking the advice steer clear of the web chat if at all possible. I don't know, but I'm hopeful, if any other avenue of customer service is more competent but the web chat people are simply in a league of their own.

That's one polite way of putting it @rulleh. upside_downThey certainly are no help at all with account issues...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@rulleh wrote:

We always advise the same.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9