Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice for same text message - promised correction not materialised

AndyinSuffolk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been charged twice for a text message but the correction promised by an O2 agent in an on-line chat has not come about. I wonder if anyone else has been hit with duplicate charges.

On 28th November 2017 I made just a single SMS in the UK to a UK O2 number. That appeared in my bill for the period as a charge of 0p, part of my allowances for the period to 2nd December. In early December, reviewing the current position on "My O2", I saw that I had a charge of 13p for a text message made at exactly the same date and time. It was marked as a "Late Landing Charge". When I queried this with O2 Customer Services, I was told it was related to TU Go and was always chargeable!

To me this looks like some sort of system problem and others could be affected.

On 18th December, the O2 on-line chat agent promised 2 things: a correction of the charge and an email copying the chat for my records. Now 7 working days on, neither has materialised and I suspect I may have to escalate this to a formal complaint. Fortunately I managed to copy the chat conversation from my browser.

The 13p charge is not a large amount but I am sure O2 would not let me underpay a bill!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I wonder what the actual cost of this 15p refund will be at the end of it all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Glad to see that it has been fixed at the end @AndyinSuffolk

Please keep us posted! We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 12 of 21

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I wasn't aware it was fixed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Personally I don't believe for a minute they would do all that rather than just recredit 15p.

Message 14 of 21

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
No, it's a ridiculous amount of work for 15p.
It's probably cost then a few hundred quid already in time spent investigating and talking to different depts.....

Currently using:
Message 15 of 21

AndyinSuffolk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No this matter is certainly not solved. On 3rd January during the 'chat' I was sent a text message saying, quote "Thanks for calling. Your credit has been applied and will be visible in recent charges on your bill from tomorrow. View it here at ....www.../myo2"

I gave is a few days but I still can't see it.

Yet another broken promise.

Perhaps I should put O2 Customer Sevice on my rose bed - the plants may bloom better. I don't have a taste for it.

Message 16 of 21

AndyinSuffolk
  • 20 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My turn to eat humble pie. I have fould the small credit marked as "Goodwill Misinformation".

I had to go to My Bills/View and Print Older Bills.

This older-style screen has it under "Recent Charges". It does not show up in the Android App nor the summary under "My Device"

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 144867 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Good news.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36392 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@AndyinSuffolk wrote:

My turn to eat humble pie. I have fould the small credit marked as "Goodwill Misinformation".

I had to go to My Bills/View and Print Older Bills.

This older-style screen has it under "Recent Charges". It does not show up in the Android App nor the summary under "My Device"

Great news, @AndyinSuffolk - and once more proving how important access to "My Bills/View and Print Older Bills" is, O2 please note! 

Message 19 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 123295 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know @AndyinSuffolk wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 21