Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice for same text message - promised correction not materialised

AndyinSuffolk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been charged twice for a text message but the correction promised by an O2 agent in an on-line chat has not come about. I wonder if anyone else has been hit with duplicate charges.

On 28th November 2017 I made just a single SMS in the UK to a UK O2 number. That appeared in my bill for the period as a charge of 0p, part of my allowances for the period to 2nd December. In early December, reviewing the current position on "My O2", I saw that I had a charge of 13p for a text message made at exactly the same date and time. It was marked as a "Late Landing Charge". When I queried this with O2 Customer Services, I was told it was related to TU Go and was always chargeable!

To me this looks like some sort of system problem and others could be affected.

On 18th December, the O2 on-line chat agent promised 2 things: a correction of the charge and an email copying the chat for my records. Now 7 working days on, neither has materialised and I suspect I may have to escalate this to a formal complaint. Fortunately I managed to copy the chat conversation from my browser.

The 13p charge is not a large amount but I am sure O2 would not let me underpay a bill!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Glad to hear that the credit has been applied but yes, you can't check in the app only on desktop.
Message 21 of 21