Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: Charged for receiving multimedia messages

Hi there
I received 2 texts from 83023 last night
Each one took £3.00 from my credit
I top up £10.00 on my Pay as you Go when I can afford it.
I had just Topped up so how did they know that I had Topped up only O2 and myself were aware of that fact
I do not use my Phone for anything other than emergencies.
Why has O2 allowed this company to continue to obtain money by deception.
According to the information I have looked up this has been an ongoing Scam since 2006.
I entrusted O2 with my credit and they have been complicit in my being defrauded of 60% of it.
I have contacted O2 and asked them to return the £6.00 to me as I did not, in any way, authorise these 2 Payments to the text number 83023. Especially within 60 seconds of each other
If I was burgled I would not be writing to the Burglar and asking them to return that which they had stolen.
Why do O2 still allow collect money on behalf of this Company Ergo
cheers
Anonymous

Hi there
I received 2 texts from 83023 last night
Each one took £3.00 from my credit
I top up £10.00 on my Pay as you Go when I can afford it.
I had just Topped up so how did they know that I had Topped up only O2 and myself were aware of that fact
I do not use my Phone for anything other than emergencies.
Why has O2 allowed this company to continue to obtain money by deception.
According to the information I have looked up this has been an ongoing Scam since 2006.
I entrusted O2 with my credit and they have been complicit in my being defrauded of 60% of it.
I have contacted O2 and asked them to return the £6.00 to me as I did not, in any way, authorise these 2 Payments to the text number 83023. Especially within 60 seconds of each other
If I was burgled I would not be writing to the Burglar and asking them to return that which they had stolen.
Why do O2 still allow collect money on behalf of this Company Ergo
cheers

ive just googled that number and it does appear that its been around awhile and came up with this address..:
2 Ergo Ltd
4th Floor, Digital World Centre
1 Lowry Plaza, The Quays
Salford
M50 3UB
0844 579 6370
customer.services@2ergo.com
go to http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk and make a complaint there as they no all about this number..!
Anonymous

Hi Baza
My point is Why are O2 still collecting and passing on money to known scammers.
Two charges of £3.00 were taken from my credit within 60 seconds.
This seems to occur just after Topping up.
So how does that company know when we have Topped up.
The only entity with that information is O2.

20 November 2008

Information provider...........Expanding Vision Limited
Service provider................2 Ergo Limited
The PhonepayPlus Executive (“the Executive”) received 542 consumer complaints in respect of unsolicited promotional messages.
The above was 2 years ago and they are still in business
Shows how much authority Phonepay plus has

cheers
Anonymous

Hi Baza
My point is Why are O2 still collecting and passing on money to known scammers.
Two charges of £3.00 were taken from my credit within 60 seconds.
This seems to occur just after Topping up.
So how does that company know when we have Topped up.
The only entity with that information is O2.

20 November 2008

Information provider...........Expanding Vision Limited
Service provider................2 Ergo Limited
The PhonepayPlus Executive (“the Executive”) received 542 consumer complaints in respect of unsolicited promotional messages.
The above was 2 years ago and they are still in business
Shows how much authority Phonepay plus has

cheers

I dont think o2 are to blame for your money been deducted as electronic payment these days are automated and Ergo would no when your phone as been topped up but by what your saying it does seem that o2 may have passed your number onto a third party at sometime but i do no that if you go onto compare websites like car insurance and fill your details in for quotes and leave your number you always get loads of companies phoning you up to try to get you different quotes so somewhere down the line your number will get all over..? i'm not saying you have done that but if you 100% dont want to be contacted by phone when filling out forms or such on the net always make a number up.. thats what i do as i do no that compare website sell your information onto the third parties.!
Anonymous

Hi there
I have never used my Mobile number as a point of contact for anything.
I am web savvy as I have designed and operated online services for over 12 years.
I have never use any Multimedia service on my mobile as that is kept for emergencies only.
I don't have a car so Online Insurance Services are a no, also.
Any contact number I give is my Landline.
I only ever have to Top up that Mobile number by £10.00 once every 3 months so expending £6.00 in 58 seconds, within 24 hours of Topping up with a Pay and Go Voucher, is completely alien to me.
I can state quite categorically that my mobile number in question has never been given or out or ever would be. 3 family members and O2 have it.

Cheers