cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for 1st day use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I received my new phone and monthly contract sim and used it immediately to let friends and family know i had a new number. The day after (being yesterday) i received a phone call from O2 about setting up a direct debit and so on and that the 1st charge was for £37ish and just figured i was being billed for the 1st 2 months upfront.

I've only just realised by checking my online bill that i'm in fact being charged for those calls I made the 1st day, but wasn't told by O2 or mobiles.co.uk that until I spoke with O2 the new contract wouldn't set up and i could still be charged for any usage before that. I automatically believed any use of my new phone would just be taken from the tariff I had requested. Is there any way to do anything about this to be taken from my monthly mins or am I definately going to have to pay charges that are worth the same amount as a months contract?

Thank you in advance to anyone answering as i'm heading off to bed any moment and won't get a chance to post until tomorrow afternoon most likely

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Your 1st bill is 30 days in advance (normal tariff) plus the number of days to set the bill up but the monthly allowance in your tariff is split by 30 and times the number of early days. It is easy to go ove the prorata tariff and incour charges. Ring 202 and the will explain it all and any errors will be corrected.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Your 1st bill is 30 days in advance (normal tariff) plus the number of days to set the bill up but the monthly allowance in your tariff is split by 30 and times the number of early days. It is easy to go ove the prorata tariff and incour charges. Ring 202 and the will explain it all and any errors will be corrected.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 2