Did you mean: 

Billed - although I’m on temporary phone

El_michaelson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’ve had letters from debt collectors about my phone bill which I’m furious about. I’ve been with O2 for over 15 years and have hardly EVER received anything in ways of perks or compensation but here we are. I lost my phone in April and since have been using a TEMPORARY SIM AND NEW DEVICE. I’ve been alerted my previous monthly bill has still been charged and I don’t quite know how this is possible as I’ve been using your monthly top up service instead. 

Please can I speak to someone on the phone and sort this out. Or I might consider paying out the phone and switching before upgrading with you again.

And please GET RID of the debt collections to my name. I have spent thousands with you in all my time being a customer this is ridiculous.

Thank you 

Eleanor 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149375 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@El_michaelson 

Even though you lost your phone, you still have to pay for it.

O2 will send a new sim with your number and contract, so no need for a temp PAYG sim at all.

You are still liable for bills unless cancelled, sorry.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

You will now need to clear your debt through the collection agency, as O2 have sold it on now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2