Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Changing from o2 simplicity 1 month to 12 month

I am currently on a 1 month simplicity giving 300 mins/600 text + o2 calls and texts for £15.

I see now that the same tariff is available for £10 on a 12month contract (plus i can change the o2 to unlimited landline).

Am i able to change over to this tariff, or does it mean new sim etc?

Also, I have heard about a £5 bolt on giving me "unlimited" data and wifi, but cant see this on this site? Is this a valid bolt on?
Highlighted
Anonymous

You may have to have the contract for atleast 6 months firstly, contact upgrades will let you know. You pay £10 for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and either free landline calls OR pay £5 for unlimited web & wifi.
Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks. Had the contract since july09 so thats ok. With the web and wifi i cant see this bolt on on the web site, is it a published bolt on?
Highlighted
Anonymous

You have to go for a smartphone simplicity.
If you have problems online, just ring upgrades and they will do it for you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

a nice lady in customer services sorted it :

so for £15/month i am getting o2-o2 calls, unlimited texts,300 minutes and web and wifi Smiley Very Happy

the only thing that i didnt realise until afterwards, is that obv. i no longer have a "text bundle" so will have to pay for photo messenging.

Also, do i need an access code to the cloud should i need to access it?
Highlighted
Anonymous

just phoned to check if my data tariff had started, to find that i couldn't have it :mansurprised: as it wasn't compitable with the 12 month tariff, which is different to what the nice lady told me this morning!

I asked if i could go back to the 1 month tariff as it had been mis sold, and she said I couldn't as the tariff no longer exists.. The lady did suggest going through to cancellations to see what they could do, and returned with the web bolt on added.
Highlighted
Anonymous

just phoned to check if my data tariff had started, to find that i couldn't have it :mansurprised: as it wasn't compitable with the 12 month tariff, which is different to what the nice lady told me this morning!
I asked if i could go back to the 1 month tariff as it had been mis sold, and she said I couldn't as the tariff no longer exists.. The lady did suggest going through to cancellations to see what they could do, and returned with the web bolt on added.

You can't get the o2 to o2 calls with a smartphone simplicity (the only siplicity with web usage). So it is £15 for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited web usage.