Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant give my PAC code to O2

DonofGor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a PAC code from my current provider.  Tried contacting O2 on 202 from the mobile (with my new O2 SIM card in it) and also 0344809 0202 from my landline.  Just get cut-off after automated voice says it'll take 30 mins to answer call.

This is pathetic!! How do I get through to someone to give them my PAC code.  What a incredibly poor first impression of O2!!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@DonofGor 

You can send the manual form in.

Included in guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9835 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@DonofGor 

This is down to lack of staff as people don't want to work in Call Centres as they get death threats, sworn at and basically abused by members of the public day in day out, and aslo the fact we are still in a pandemic so people are still been told to isolate if ill.. 

You can send them a message on Social Media, just send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or via live chat if available at https://o2.co.uk

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@DonofGor 

You can send the manual form in.

Included in guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

DonofGor
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5.  Submitted the online form to O2.  This page should be much more prominent on their page especially since they labor the point of dialing 202, which is utterly pointless.

Message 4 of 12

YetAnotherUName
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in exactly the same position. Been with o2 for less than a week and already I'm frustrated. Why is there no online form to make it simple? Waste of my time!

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

You're welcome @DonofGor 

@YetAnotherUName 

Read the guide posted above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

YetAnotherUName
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks but I  tried that form yesterday and it kept crashing and coming bag with an NGIX error and other times with no response.

Seems to have worked just now so fingers crossed - although I had already given my PAC number when I ordered the SIM and my number has not been transferred. 
Of course I got the first month's bill straight away - even before I had the SIM!

Message 7 of 12

YetAnotherUName
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Turning into a bit of a Kafkaesque nightmare...
I got  an email response...

Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request.

Step 2 was: 

Your security details

Enter the characters from your password.

Don't forget - this is the password you use to contact customer services, not the one you use to sign into our website.

I have not contacted customer services so what password would I have. I tried the website password so although it allows me to continue, eventually I get a rejection email.   Anyway... how do I setup the required password?

The Forgot my password option keeps crashing 😞

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@YetAnotherUName 

It wants the answer to your security question which you set when you setup your MyO2.

Questions like your mothers maiden name, name of first pet, favourite football team etc. It can be changed in your details in your MyO2 if you have forgotten it.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

YetAnotherUName
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Keeps falling over...

405 Not Allowed

nginx
Message 10 of 12