Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract with O2 and starting another O2 contract

Angie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have just bought another pay monthly phone (which is O2),  and I currently have a pay monthly one with O2.

When my new phone arrives which is a new contract, how do I cancel my old pay monthly contract but keep my mobile number for my new phone - bearing in mind I am still going to be staying with O2. 

(I did not buy my new phone and contract via O2)

I assume that I don't need a PAC number as I am staying with O2.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just call customer service on 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract.
This will end your old one and generate the final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just call customer service on 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract.
This will end your old one and generate the final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Angie Be aware that you will be billed for, and will have to pay the remaining months on your old contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Angie
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks that's great
Message 4 of 12

Angie
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My actual contract expired in February 2014, lol, so I assume that pay monthly means just that....I may be wrong though
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’ll just be one final month payment you’ll need to make.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Angie
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's good (as I was only paying £12 a month) so I can live with that, lol.

Thanks
Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Angie As your contract expired that long ago you've been on a monthly rolling contact since then. That contract must have suited you, so if you had been able to buy your new phone outright you could have just popped your old sim in the new phone and carried on paying your £12 per month. You wouldnt have needed to take out a new contract, which must be costing more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Angie
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done that for other phones but I wanted a Samsung S8 and could not afford to buy one as they are still very pricey. I did manage to find a new contract still with O2 for £18 a month (which includes a brand new S8) and seeing as £18 a month is only £6 more then what I am paying at the moment I thought it was worth it
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Angie wrote:
I have done that for other phones but I wanted a Samsung S8 and could not afford to buy one as they are still very pricey. I did manage to find a new contract still with O2 for £18 a month (which includes a brand new S8) and seeing as £18 a month is only £6 more then what I am paying at the moment I thought it was worth it

Sounds like a good deal ☺

Message 10 of 12