cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock my old phone. Double blocked?

Lidija
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I didn't know, that to unlock my old phone with finished contract, I had to put a request. So instead of o2 network PUK I entered my new sim PUK code few times. After I had chat with o2 community and received code for unlock, but still nothing happend! How I know, if made 3 mistakes, phone will be blocked, and how I understand, its happened with my phone! What to do next? How to unlock my phone? Why it is so difficult? 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Lidija Did you follow the unlocking advice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Not sure why you are talking about a PUK code which has nothing to do with unlocking. A Puk code unBLOCKS your device ....

If you have entered the PUK code too many times your phone may now be permanently locked.

Edited to add...you may have to go back to customer services again to see if they can help https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Lidija Did you follow the unlocking advice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Not sure why you are talking about a PUK code which has nothing to do with unlocking. A Puk code unBLOCKS your device ....

If you have entered the PUK code too many times your phone may now be permanently locked.

Edited to add...you may have to go back to customer services again to see if they can help https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I’m guessing maybe it’s a Samsung Phone?
If so you will need customer service to issue you with your MCK code.
They may have to talk to Samsung about this so will likely need to be escalated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I just wish customers would come here and ask first especially when customer service can't understand the request.Yes your phone is now permanently locked so customer service is your only option, as above.

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

More info on MCK (and NCK) codes here (re Samsung devices)

https://support.mobileunlocked.com/hc/en-us/articles/209681393-Unlocking-Samsung-mobile-devices-Trou...

Makes interesting reading. Well, it did for me anyway Dance

Edited for Spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Lidija
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I turn on my phone with different network sim it says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".

I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. I had chat here throught My o2. Send to them my IMEI and request that I need to unlock my phone amd received code on next day. And nothing happend. Still have same text on the screen. Network unlock request is unsuccessful.

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Lidija wrote:

When I turn on my phone with different network sim it says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".

I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. I had chat here throught My o2. Send to them my IMEI and request that I need to unlock my phone amd received code on next day. And nothing happend. Still have same text on the screen. Network unlock request is unsuccessful.

@LidijaIf you can't resolve this with Customer services then you need to contact Samsung as previously mentioned http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ a

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It’s hard locked now so the correct unlock code won’t work until you enter the MCK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Lidija, how are you getting on with this? 

It'd be great to know if you managed to unlock your phone, and how. If other members are in the same situation, it might help them slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 11

gandalf147
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

why so i find it difficult to believe these answers!! i have STILL the exact same problem that occured on the 4/04/2018, and was told the same things,,,, but still not had the problem solved, its no good contacting samsung they only refer you back to service provider i.e O2,   

o2 sent me 2 unlocking codes neither worked, now can only use thier sim, but have just found out that i am also paying for other sim  WOTrage

More info
The code that is required from O2.(no one else) is the MCK or Defreeze code, that o2 seem reluctant to supply, they have even escalated my case (over a month ago) and still i have the problem.
error message reads "Sim Network Pin Locked.Enter Sim network Puk"..... Not the usual puc or unlocking code.
gandalf
More info

Message 10 of 11