Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 2630 O2 unlock

southport
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Nokia 2630 that is carrier locked to O2, and have gone through the process of getting an O2 simcard, and using "My O2" to request a device unlock.
However, O2 replied saying that the device is not on their database and that it is not an O2 device.
I double and triple and quadruple checked the IMEI I gave and the one they replied with in the email, and they are the same.  The device is 100 percent locked to O2, as it does not accept any other sim cards except the one I got from O2. It also has the usual preloaded data on the phone relating to O2.
What other options do I have to unlock this device, or have they made a mistake and I should request again?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11219 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi @southport 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

MAYBE THIS ?

can help

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7800 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

There is a good chance it has dropped off O2's database as the model was released 17 years ago 

I would have tried a mobile phone repair shop that does unlocking, but you have to ask is it worth it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

southport
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I unlocked a vodafone nokia 2630 last week and it took seconds.
I've completed a form linked by Talltrees as I had previously missed it when I looked through it before.
However, it says they'll get back to me within 28 days.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148865 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

O2 can't unlock a Vodafone device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11219 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Good luck @southport 

Hope all goes well with the unlock

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 7

southport
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am talking about a different device in that reply. I had a vodafone Nokia 2630 which I unlocked very easily at vodafones website.
I am not trying to unlock a vodafone device.

Message 7 of 7