Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have any news? I haven't been to Kemp Town for a while.
Message 131 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
no change to my last post 😞
Message 132 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
o2 are on site today slight_smile
Message 133 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been told by o2 live chat that the 3g coverage is fine now and that i need to change my sim to a new 4g sim.....

Message 134 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@schuey
the 3G coverage is far from fine we are still on the temporary mast the the new mast on the Thomas kemp tower is still under construction might be finished this week but probably next week the masts are up but the cabinets that make it all work are still under construction the new mast will carry the new 4g
in reply to needing a 4g sim you will also need a uk compatable mobile a lot of iPhones are not compatible with uk 4g 800 the new iPhone 5s will be when launched in August September also if you don't get a 3G signal you are unlightly to get 4g I would see what happens when the new mast is running
hope this helps slight_smile
Message 135 of 173

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Sparkybradley,

Thanks for updating the thread with what you're finding out about the mast. Hopefully it will be finished soon!

Cheer, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 136 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
o2's engineers hope to have the mast working by the end of the week 4th or 5th
Message 137 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
temp mast off and new mast going live later today after some testing slight_smile
Message 138 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update? I was at the marina about 5:30 and it was still pretty bad. Are they still testing?

Message 139 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed a significant improvement since yesterday in the Kemptown area. It's not as good as it was before the old transmitter went, which is unfortuate, and it seems a little inconsistent but it's much better than it's been for the past two months (which to be honest isn't saying that much!). I'm interested to see if there'll be any further improvement next week. I'll wait a little longer before switching providers. I would like to stay with O2, but if I can't get a consisent phone signal where I live then there's no point. Have already waited two months for them to fix this thing.

Matt

Message 140 of 173