Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, it seems the advice given to me about a 4g sim is complete nonsense.....could O2 customer service be any worse? Absolutely appaling level of service for the last 3-4 months......

Message 141 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post although not of much interest to me, (I don't live in the KempTown area), was brought to my attection because of the views per page in line with the overall visits from the web community.

In my industry what we look for is a where page views are = to visits over many pages of a forum, meaning all that visited had an interest, if on page 1 there where 600 views and 600 visits that's normal but come to page 20 we expect 6 views and 600 visits.

Viewing this forum time for one reporter to goto work.

Message 142 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mediareporter,

I hope the report you write is clearer than your post was slight_smile

Sounds interesting, but you lost me completely. 

-Matt

Message 143 of 173

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mediareporter,

I hope the report you write is clearer than your post was slight_smile

Sounds interesting, but you lost me completely. 

-Matt

Sounds like he's on the caseSmiley Frustrated

Message 144 of 173

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Quick update - We had an engineer working on a site close to the hospital yesterday and we understand full service returned early evening.

If you're still having problems, let me know here, but I would also suggest contacting customer service, as it may not be related to this issue now that work on the mast is done.

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 145 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

If you're still having problems, let me know here, but I would also suggest contacting customer service, as it may not be related to this issue now that work on the mast is done.

Cheers, Toby

I have a very variable signal. At times up to 3 bars, at others down to zero. So, lots better than before the mast was fixed, but still rather annoying. I thought it might be a finetuning issue and have been waiting for it to settle down but sadly it hasn't. This wasn't a problem I had before the mast was taken down.

-Matt

Message 146 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm about to move to Brighton for work in less than a week's time. Can anyone offer an update on the signal situation in the RSCH/Kemp Town?

Thanks,

Merv

Message 147 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Since Toby's post above and one comment there are no others, so you must draw your own conclusions from that, doesn't seem too bad.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 148 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see that after March to the end of July with a non existent service in Kemp Town (where I live & work) that the signal seems to be on the blink again. No 3G or even 'o' in terms of data and the phone signal on and off like a yo-yo. Role on Feb 2014 when thank god my contract, which 02 refused to let me out of, runs out. The entire response and attitude from the company towards this whole fiasco has been woeful.

Message 149 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Not again?

Are others seeing this problem, is your phone ok?

If a new fault has happened then O2 don't seem to be aware of it, have you called them?

Live results for Brighton, Brighton and Hove

Our network is currently working fine
If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.
Updated 12:03 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 150 of 173