Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. Church Place, the road opposite the Esso garage.

I think it's worth noting you may need to reboot your phone at some point. I guess we'll see how it as 5pm.

Message 81 of 173

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

next time we are there on business we will have signal again (for the next 6 months max temp mast time)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 82 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I never thought a phone mast would look so good wink
Message 83 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's 17:30 and I'm parked up a few feet away from the aforementioned mast, and ....absolutely nothing!  My phone says "emergency calls only"....the same as it has done for the last 4 1/2 weeks 😞   Back home, at 23:30, the O2 service status page still says the same "no service" message...so, Abs, what's gone wrong today now?

Message 84 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

And now it's 15:00 on 25/04, and still no signal from this new mast.  Can someone from O2 let us know what's happening please?  A little communication goes a long way!

Message 85 of 173

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update: A mast has now been switched on close to The Royal Sussex County Hospital. This is our first step to restore coverage in the area. Building work starts very soon on placing a mast within the grounds of the hospital. This incident was rare and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, Abs

Message 86 of 173

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks everyone don't no if we made a difference but assuming we did well done and thanks abs for your part and keeping us up to date hopefully a few lessens have been learnt wink
Message 87 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope you start to see some improvement here slight_smile

Message 88 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any up to date information? Regardless of talk of temporary masts there has been no change to non-existent service in the affected area - if anything the problem is worse. (I get no internet connectivity at all until I reach the bottom of North Street now. I'm getting very tired of this.)

Any estimated build time etc would be much appreciated.

Message 89 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any up to date information? Regardless of talk of temporary masts there has been no change to non-existent service in the affected area - if anything the problem is worse. (I get no internet connectivity at all until I reach the bottom of North Street now. I'm getting very tired of this.)

Any estimated build time etc would be much appreciated.

I also noticed no improvement in the signal strength of O2's network in the BN2 area since the new transceiver was supposedly activated, which is why last week I switched to a different provider. Instead of having no detectable signal at home (on the eastern side of the marina), I now have a maximum-strength 3G signal.

O2's network coverage in Brighton was poor even before they dismantled the transceiver on the site of the hospital. Their failure to rectify the problem and to even provide a date on which it would be fully resolved was the final straw for me. My only regret is that I didn't leave sooner.

Message 90 of 173