Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

BBC Sport Website Issue

I still have the Nokia 2630 and on a text and web tariff.
Problem is I have a BBC site and whether I use it by searching directly or by bookmark whenever it starts to process the page the phone screen goes black and the phone disconnects from the web and appears what looks like when you first switch the phone on.
The end extension for the site is .stm, however I did try taking the fully charged battery out and also the sim, and when I did the page loaded, but that just happened once, every time since it just turns off and back on again.
Any ideas?
Anonymous

Re: BBC Sport Website Issue

Can you post the address of the web page? From what you say it sound like the phone is unexpectedly running out of memory.
Have you tried Opera Mini?
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Can you post the address of the web page? From what you say it sound like the phone is unexpectedly running out of memory.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/foo ... efault.stm

No I haven't, not sure if that would work on the Nokia 2630. :robotindifferent:
I wouldn't have thought it was memory causing the issue as I have deleted all my text messages and I still have loads of memory left.
Anonymous

I notice this for this phone WAP 2.0/xHTML
Anonymous

Think I may need to get a new phone.
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't have thought it was memory causing the issue as I have deleted all my text messages and I still have loads of memory left.

Opera Mini 4.3 works on the 2630.
You are talking about storage memory, not RAM which the phone needs to hold the page.
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Opera Mini 4.3 works on the 2630.
You are talking about storage memory, not RAM which the phone needs to hold the page.

How do I go about fixing that?
Anonymous

I'm not sure what you mean. Fix what?
Is it Opera Mini you want to install? Use the browser to go to m.opera.com and then follow the instructions.
Anonymous

I'm not sure what you mean. Fix what?

Storage Memory, how can more be added?
What I can't understand is I managed to get the page to open on 2 occasions, but not any longer, so if it was storage memory that was the issue then why did it let me open them, and I am able to open other stuff on the BBC site.
Anonymous

As I said, its not the storage memory that's full its the RAM. You can't add either, you can only do two things:
Clear the RAM by turning the phone off and on, or free up some RAM by changing to one of the standard themes, having plain wallpaper etc
Or use a browser that compresses pages like Opera Mini or Nokia's Ovi browser.