cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these legitimate O2 Sales phone numbers - Gave details and worried now.

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't get through to O2 helpline and they close at 9pm, and Live-chat is "too busy" it seems. So can anyone here please put my mind at rest and confirm if these are legitimate O2 sales team phone numbers?

A man from O2 (think he said his name was Alan) called me on both these numbers today, and convinced me to upgrade from pay and go to a Simplicity unlimited contract. It sounded a good deal so I agreed, and he said I would receive an email confirming the contract and direct debit details which I had agreed to. However the email received does not confirm anything about it, except it does confirm the order number which he had quoted over the phone.

Really worried now as I had given my Bank Debit card details and other personal details. Am I worrying for nothing? Been trying to find where to track my order here on the site in "My O2" but can't find anything about tracking orders in there.

Cas

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Hey there,

@Cas1951 here's the original link to community rewards programme (it's a bit old, but I'm sure it's still valid. Also there's a new thread in welcome and join titled community rewards + previous month with all of the members who earned some and what they earned, and that is usually posted in the first few days of each month.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Time-to-say-Thank-You-Introducing-the-O2-Community-Rewards...

You might also want to read the community guidelines, which give you an idea of what is and isn't expected of us when we join in on the community.

Also if you're feeling like chilling out, there's our off topic section where we chat about anything and everything, there's wanty's lounge on off topic which is a chat thread and all sorts of other interesting threads to get stuck into...

I'm really glad you'd like to hang around.

Charlie.

@gindygoo Thanks Charlie, sounds good. I'll bookmark the link and will get back to this sometime in next couple of days. Cheers cheers.gif

Message 51 of 72

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Hey there,

@Cas1951 here's the original link to community rewards programme (it's a bit old, but I'm sure it's still valid. Also there's a new thread in welcome and join titled community rewards + previous month with all of the members who earned some and what they earned, and that is usually posted in the first few days of each month.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Time-to-say-Thank-You-Introducing-the-O2-Community-Rewards...

You might also want to read the community guidelines, which give you an idea of what is and isn't expected of us when we join in on the community.

Also if you're feeling like chilling out, there's our off topic section where we chat about anything and everything, there's wanty's lounge on off topic which is a chat thread and all sorts of other interesting threads to get stuck into...

I'm really glad you'd like to hang around.

Charlie.

Awesome post :), well done @gindygoo

Glad to hear that this is getting sorted and sorry it took so long @Cas1951. I hope to see you around on the forum soon! As others have said here, ther's always lots going on slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 52 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Awesome post :), well done @gindygoo

Glad to hear that this is getting sorted and sorry it took so long @Cas1951. I hope to see you around on the forum soon! As others have said here, ther's always lots going on slight_smile

Thanks for adding your comments @Toby but to be honest, after a lot of years with O2, I've now lost all trust in them and seriously considering changing my mobile service provider.Smiley Sad

If it weren't for the supportive members of this Community, I think this last week would've been an even worse experience. O2 Customer Services have proved to be extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to start any communication with, then when you do it is ineffective, dishonest, dismissive and .... well I could go on.
It was the final straw today when, despite efforts over the past week as outlined in this whole topic thread, an O2 direct debit instruction was submitted to my bank. Needless to say I have instructed cancellation of that. I need to "switch myself off" from it all for a while. But so very grateful to all those on here who have cared.

Message 53 of 72

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I should think you do need to switch off @Cas1951 I have read some tales of total incompetence but this comes close to beating them all...Could I suggest a treble vodka and 10 mgms of Valium Cheers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 72

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cas1951,

I can understand how you feel and sorry to hear that this has gone on in the way it has. I'm so glad everyone here has been supportive (awesome work guys, genuinely proud haha) however.

It sounds like you could still use some help and I can help you with this if you think that could work, feel free to send me a PM.

Lovely job here guys, you're all lovely.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 55 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff Cheers cheers.gif hahaha, you have been great! yep definitely could use something to help me unwind!! One thing for sure though, I'll never agree to listen to any cold-caller ever again.

@Toby Thanks very much. Yes I might need to contact you privately then as you offered, after a little "switch-off" and can then put things back into better perspective.

Message 56 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Cas1951 Can I ask about your avatar?

I am sure it's some childrens character but looks like a raggety doll LOL (I meant that 'in the best possible taste' of course....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff - Raggety is a good description of me at moment!! LOL
Can't remember where I got this from originally, had it on computer for such a long time. I call her "flower girl". Here's the animated gif version of it. (hope this works....)

Flower-Girl.gif
Made a still version from this to use as avatar in the past on other forums.  These days usually use a photo of my cat, but decided to have a change on here.cheers.gif

Message 58 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It's lovely @Cas1951 and yes the animation worked. Oh and I do like it that we have another member who loves cats .....Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

awww love this cat smiley@Cleoriff I have 2 black cats, so one each for 'em! CatCat

Message 60 of 72