cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these legitimate O2 Sales phone numbers - Gave details and worried now.

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't get through to O2 helpline and they close at 9pm, and Live-chat is "too busy" it seems. So can anyone here please put my mind at rest and confirm if these are legitimate O2 sales team phone numbers?

A man from O2 (think he said his name was Alan) called me on both these numbers today, and convinced me to upgrade from pay and go to a Simplicity unlimited contract. It sounded a good deal so I agreed, and he said I would receive an email confirming the contract and direct debit details which I had agreed to. However the email received does not confirm anything about it, except it does confirm the order number which he had quoted over the phone.

Really worried now as I had given my Bank Debit card details and other personal details. Am I worrying for nothing? Been trying to find where to track my order here on the site in "My O2" but can't find anything about tracking orders in there.

Cas

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

the sim got sent on first call thats why you recieved it but as you canceled it wont be taken from bank account also the qutoed price is discounted by 15% if u were offered it at 15.30 first bill will be 18 but then second bill will be £12.60

Message 71 of 72

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As this thread is 12 months old I assume it's all sorted now.
The £3 discount quoted at the time would have been a loyalty discount rather than the current 15% off offer and would have appeared as an adjustment on the bill had the contract continued.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 72 of 72