cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these legitimate O2 Sales phone numbers - Gave details and worried now.

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't get through to O2 helpline and they close at 9pm, and Live-chat is "too busy" it seems. So can anyone here please put my mind at rest and confirm if these are legitimate O2 sales team phone numbers?

A man from O2 (think he said his name was Alan) called me on both these numbers today, and convinced me to upgrade from pay and go to a Simplicity unlimited contract. It sounded a good deal so I agreed, and he said I would receive an email confirming the contract and direct debit details which I had agreed to. However the email received does not confirm anything about it, except it does confirm the order number which he had quoted over the phone.

Really worried now as I had given my Bank Debit card details and other personal details. Am I worrying for nothing? Been trying to find where to track my order here on the site in "My O2" but can't find anything about tracking orders in there.

Cas

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Good god @Cas1951 How hard can this be? Talk about that song Windmills of my Mind.....Absolute nightmare

I will keep my fingers crossed again...but certainly wont offer to hold my breath...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff Hehehe LOL  no! definitely don't hold your breath

Message 42 of 72

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yep, as I said... Not at all surprised they didn't actually cancel.

How many times do we see folk on here saying they've had a black mark on their credit file for a bill that shouldn't exist, after cancelling a contract!

It's appalling, and unforgivably unacceptable!

Let's hope you've actually gotten the bloody thing cancelled now @Cas1951

Charlie.
Message 43 of 72

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Quite ridiculous but unfortunately predictable as many people find out to their cost. I would always advise calling again to make certain that assurances given by uncaring advisers are actually entered onto the system and actioned correctly.

Message 44 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gindygoo  @jonsie  @Cleoriff Thanks for all comments.

An update:

The text link at My O2 directing to the Bill page has been renamed "Disconnected Bill". I'm thinking "disconnected" refers to the mobile number. It's the same original bill that still states........ "We'll collect this amount from your account on or around 19 Sep 15. Thank you for paying by Direct Debit". So nothing yet to confirm the whole thing is cancelled.

But now discovered this page in "Help and Support" (must've missed this before, despite all original searching, so wonder if its new?). http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy#qs Where is states "All of our customers have the right to cancel their contract within 14 days from when you sign up or when you get your sim and/or device "

then somehow reached this Online Cancellation Form http://businessshop.force.com/Cancellation  - A drop-down menu there for selecting the service to cancel includes "Simplicity Tariff (within 14 days)".  Submitted that form too now (just in case!)  and received email confirming receipt of cancellation request, phew!! something in writing at last.

Your support has really helped and much appreciated.Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 72

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Cas1951 well it seems that you've done more than enough to not only cancel this contract but also to cover yourself in the event anything comes back to bite you.

I must say you've been very patient throughout this ordeal (yes, I believe it's been an ordeal) and really hope that you've put an end to things now.

I would just like to ask if you've thought of sticking around the forums after you're all done cancelling this contract? Haha it mightn't be a pull for you to discover that you earn rewards in the form of payg credit or money off your contract bill, but that's one of the bonuses of contributing on here.

And after all you've been through, you'll be an expert on how to successfully cancel a contract, not to mention a great advisor on those pesky cold calls.

Anyhow, you're just the kind of person we'd love to see stick around so give it some thought.

Charlie.
Message 46 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
....<snip>....
I would just like to ask if you've thought of sticking around the forums after you're all done cancelling this contract? Haha it mightn't be a pull for you to discover that you earn rewards in the form of payg credit or money off your contract bill, but that's one of the bonuses of contributing on here.

And after all you've been through, you'll be an expert on how to successfully cancel a contract, not to mention a great advisor on those pesky cold calls.

Anyhow, you're just the kind of person we'd love to see stick around so give it some thought.

Charlie.

@gindygoo Thanks Charlie, yes I will be glad to contribute to these forums and help whenever I'm able to. Please direct me to any other info you think I would need to be aware of.

Cas

Message 47 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Very well done @Cas1951. You obviously have great powers of discovery....Bouncy

As I said previously, you have certainly gone 'To Infinity and Beyond' ** to get this sorted.

** credit to Buzz Lightyear...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 72

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hey there,

@Cas1951 here's the original link to community rewards programme (it's a bit old, but I'm sure it's still valid. Also there's a new thread in welcome and join titled community rewards + previous month with all of the members who earned some and what they earned, and that is usually posted in the first few days of each month.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Time-to-say-Thank-You-Introducing-the-O2-Community-Rewards...

You might also want to read the community guidelines, which give you an idea of what is and isn't expected of us when we join in on the community.

Also if you're feeling like chilling out, there's our off topic section where we chat about anything and everything, there's wanty's lounge on off topic which is a chat thread and all sorts of other interesting threads to get stuck into...

I'm really glad you'd like to hang around.

Charlie.
Message 49 of 72

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Very well done @Cas1951. You obviously have great powers of discovery....Bouncy

As I said previously, you have certainly gone 'To Infinity and Beyond' ** to get this sorted.

** credit to Buzz Lightyear...:smileywink:

@Cleoriff  haaa haaa, thanks, yes and it is true that once I get started on something that's really bothered me, I won't give up until I reach the desired goal! Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 72