cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling 3G Coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently renewed my o2 contract for a further 2 years (which I am now seriously regretting) and have noticed the 3G coverage is utterly appalling. To be honest it has always been poor but my patience is running thin. I also requested 1GB of data as part of my new contract - pointless.

Does anybody else have this problem?

In an age where the majority of mobile phone use is spent online a networks 3G coverage should be vital.

My friends that hold contracts with other networks, notably '3', do not have this issue. In fact most of them have 3G even in the most remote areas.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

Just shows everyones experience is different and you should go with what works for you.

The voice of sanity! slight_smile

It can be a case of one side of a street being perfect with nothing on the other.

There is no superior network in the UK.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find wherever I go (and I travel across the UK) the service reception is bad.  I can have 3/4 bars for 3g and as soon as I want to do something and open safari, it drops to 1 immediately - this happens all the time.

I have just renewed in June, but I see this as a breach of contract - they are not supplying the service I have bought - so will be cancelling this today!

Message 22 of 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Good luck with that and let us know how you get on please......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 23 of 49

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If this is everywhere in the UK then it points more to a phone or settings problem. Let us know how you get on.

Message 24 of 49

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I find wherever I go (and I travel across the UK) the service reception is bad.  I can have 3/4 bars for 3g and as soon as I want to do something and open safari, it drops to 1 immediately - this happens all the time.

I have just renewed in June, but I see this as a breach of contract - they are not supplying the service I have bought - so will be cancelling this today!

You may see it as a breach of contract, but I doubt that O2 will. If you cancel your contract you will still have to pay the remainder of it. If you don't, your credit rating will reflect this, and you won't get a contract from any network provider. You might want to think about this before you fly off the handle.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes we have **bleep** service and promised 12 months ago 3g coverage was coming , why! tell porky pies o2

Message 26 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

we live in hadleigh suffolk and its **bleep** 

Message 27 of 49

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@big_andy

Very strange o2 never divulge there plans for coverage in advance where were you told this?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 28 of 49

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Live chat...??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 29 of 49

MarkTadley
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well, I live in Tadley, Aldermaston, Berkshire. Also within 1 mile radius of a huge Automic Weapons Establishment (AWE)

Signal strength is absolutely shocking. I am lucky if I get 1 or 2 bars. Mostly it says 'No service' 80% of the time. THis weekend I have had no signal almost all weekend long!!!

I've logged soooo many complaints with O2. All I get is maybe problem with the small tower in your area but no date as to when it maybe looked at.

Have given up any hope that I 'may' get a regular signal from them now.

TuGo was as bad when it was launched even though now, it does allow me to get calls in/out but alas text messages cansit in the out box with multiple 'not delivered' messages until i get into an area where I have any good signal.

In an age where O2 promise good service and great reception - its all a lie and once you are in a contract you are caught until the end.

Shame I left Virgin Mobile as had perfect 5bar but they never had iP5 at the time for offer.

I can even change out the sim to an PAYG 'Mobile by Sainsburys' (Vodafone) sim and get 4 or 5 bars straight away

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 30 of 49