cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any successful case switching from O2 PAYG to O2 monthly plan keeping original number?

YY_Wong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am considering switching from the original O2 off-the-shelf SIM to a O2 monthly plan (12 months contract) but wish to keep the original mobile number.

I was told that I can firstly get the new SIM (with a different number, monthly plan), then switch this new SIM to the original mobile number.

1. Any one successfully done this recently? If yes, how?

2. Do I need to provide the "PAC" for my old SIM for this "switching the new SIM  to my original mobile number" process?

(NB: I tried to text 65075 to get my PAC, but get an error message...)

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149464 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@YY_Wong 

No PAC needed.

Just a number migration.

Guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149464 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@YY_Wong 

No PAC needed.

Just a number migration.

Guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7937 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

All you need to know.

And yes people have had this done successfully 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3