cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime Discount 24 Months - What Does This Mean?

Spacious_Doog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am new to O2 and a little confused about the airtime discount and what this actually means for my pay monthly amount. 

I’ve signed up for a deal which states the monthly price is £40 (£60pm minus £20 airtime discount 24 months).

When going through the contract I see that the monthly price is £60pm and it makes no mention of the -£20 airtime discount. Now when I look at MyO2 billing page it says my monthly is £40 but the £20 airtime discount expires in a month. 

1) Does this airtime discount get applied month to month, or is it a one off discount?

2) Does this mean that my monthly price is £40 or £60?

I have tried calling customer service and they were not able to help, I’ve been in store and they were also unable to help me. 

link to the deal here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/basket?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-63862-_-blank-_-blank&awc=3235_1673867791_1efe4a...

many thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149344 Posts
  • 699 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Spacious_Doog 

The discount will be applied to your bill each month for 24 months.

After that it will end and you should recontract to avoid paying full price.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 149344 Posts
  • 699 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Spacious_Doog 

The discount will be applied to your bill each month for 24 months.

After that it will end and you should recontract to avoid paying full price.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 716 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

The discount should be applied every month for 24 months

This normally appears as a bolt-on

Check what bolt ons you have in My O2

Message 3 of 3