Did you mean: 

Age restricted content

andyrr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've been with O2 for years. I enabled 18+ content when I first joined O2.  But recently, I want to block gambling sites so that I'm not tempted to lose money. I don't mind if I block other 18+ sites like ****** etc. But when I've disabled 18+ content again, I'm unable to access almost any site. I can't access bbc, theguardian.com .... I can't click on any news story or any google link, and most of my apps don't work. In fact, the only 2 sites I can access are google and O2.

My phone is basically unusable. Why is it blocking all sites that aren't 18+ ? Do i have it set up right ?

Andy.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@andyrr 

Refreshing your network settings will usually help. 

Turn off phone for 5 mins the turn back on. 

Make sure WiFi is disabled whilst doing this. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@andyrr Call customer service again & see if it’s been removed Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@andyrr 

Refreshing your network settings will usually help. 

Turn off phone for 5 mins the turn back on. 

Make sure WiFi is disabled whilst doing this. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @andyrr, and sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your phone! Did the advice above help? Any progress on this since you last posted?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4