cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A mini guide to doing a Sim Swap on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: please refer to an updated version of this guide in our How-to Guides section, here. slight_smile

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 100
99 REPLIES 99

bryanthebus
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
already done it on line,,,card has not come
Message 51 of 100

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@bryanthebus wrote:
already done it on line,,,card has not come

@bryanthebus 

You need to obtain a new blank sim card from O2 before starting the sim swap process.

Call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 or pop into your local O2 shop.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 52 of 100

Cuncha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I would like to get back my old number what I was use earlier and keep my current number aswell is that's possible?I'm on contract with current number on ee and want use other phone on o2
Message 53 of 100

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Cuncha 

If the number you want back was on O2 you'll need to call customer service to see if it's still available Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 54 of 100

MaryD
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi which sim card (new one with new number) or my old one with number I want to keep to I text swap from please?

Message 55 of 100

Cleoriff
  • 126064 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MaryD 

The old one.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 100

MaryD
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 57 of 100

GRO1991
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently upgraded my phone and followed all the instructions on SIM swap. However, my old phone number has now been deleted and not changed to my new SIM so I'm stuck with a new phone number. I can't speak to anyone from O2 because they're only interested in selling new contracts not in helping existing customers. I've tried MyO2 which didn't work for several days, I've tried Twitter, I've tried phoning. Nothing is working. I've got family who can't reach me, wedding contacts for all I know have tried to ring and cancel or rearrange my wedding and can't get hold of me I don't know what to do. Am I just stuck with this new number now? 

Message 58 of 100

jonsie
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 59 of 100

ddyaa_1742
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've recently tried a sim swap for a new phone. The old sim has been deactivated, and the pay as you go balance transferred to the new sim, but my old number has not been transferred. The old number appears to be lost, which is sort of the exact opposite of what I thought the sim swap would achieve. Is their any way I can recover and retain the old number for the new sim? (i.e. actually complete the sim swap process).

Thanks

Message 60 of 100