cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G on Nexus 5x

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i switched over from Vodafone to O2 a few days ago on a 12 month simon plan 4GB of data.

i have not been able to get a 4G signal only H - at 5 locations i been where there shows should have good 4G coverage all in London.

The Nexus 5x is sold on o2 so it should work. I have inserted the SIM again, rebooted. Next thing i will try is shove the SIM into my Nexus 5 phone to rule out the device.

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
As I suspected and seems common for some reason.
Have you ever had a B device in the past?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 26

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

The OP was with Vodafone prior to this and took a sim only contract with O2, with, I presume, a Nexus 5x that was purchased sim free. That's why I thought this was strange. Where would a Blackberry bolt-on come into it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
No reason for it all as I can see but we've had a few of these problems on here with simo contracts so I guess who ever is setting them up isn't taking care when doing so......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
always had sim free phones, all the nexus generations. Updated to 5x a couple months back, fine on 4G with Vodafone. Bought sim only card on Monday and selected Smartphone and chose the 4GB plan. Received card, and ported number across. So since Wednesday been on o2 with my ported number. Only thing was i have not seen a 4G signal on my phone. will try sim on my nexus 5 later.
Message 14 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Proof then that you never had a Blackberry phone......Thought it was weird...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 26

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Just someone careless when setting up account then.
Typical of poor CS unfortunately - This outsourcing just isn't working too well at all.......
Message 16 of 26

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It seems a very poor training programme then despite o2 assuring us that training is ongoing. Basic product knowledge would help too.

Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

so setup of the account is likely to be the issue, hopefully!

i dont really want to cancel (have 11 days left to do so) and go to another operator!

Message 18 of 26

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

Once the Blackberry bolt-on (however it got there) is removed you shouldn't have any problem, but as you say, at least you have some breathing room to cancel if CS can't sort this out. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 26

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

so setup of the account is likely to be the issue, hopefully!

i dont really want to cancel (have 11 days left to do so) and go to another operator!

Cancelling shouldn't be necessary at all.

4G works well in the areas that get it, once account is sorted you will be fine.

Don't forget to reboot phone after midnight though.

Message 20 of 26