cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a Sony Xperia with O2 when I upgraded from my Nexus 6. I hate the Sony it's awful I'm still paying my contract but the phone is so unresponsive I've swapped back to my Nexus for now. I want to pay off my contract with O2 but stay with O2 as I want the Google pixel XL however O2 don't offer an upgrade directly with them I need to get it through the carphone warehouse, I want it to be an O2 contract still. So I'm wondering if it's possible to pay off my contract in one go so I can switch? Is this possible? I seriously hate the Sony it sucks so much. Any help would be great.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Yes you can make a payment through your MyO2 to clear the device plan or contract which will allow you to upgrade http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I think you can just pay off the device plan then upgrade via car phone warehouse. But then it will become a standard 24 month contract & wont have the benefits of Refresh 

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Yes you can make a payment through your MyO2 to clear the device plan or contract which will allow you to upgrade http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Follow the guide here for cancelling contract..https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not overly bothered with the O2 refresh stuff if I'm honest I would stick with it if they offered the deal through them directly for the phone I wanted. Thanks for the help slight_smile
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome thanks
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
No worries slight_smile
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous your welcome & welcome to the forum 

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@AnonymousPleased to be able to help..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Glad you got the advice you needed @Anonymous! You should be fine but if anything else comes up give us a shout wink

Welcome to the community too! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 12