cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts keep turning into MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently bought a Samsung A3 2016 after having the S4 and when I send texts that are around 160 characters it turns SMS into MMS which is shown on my contract as picture messages. I never had this problem with the S4... Is there a reason for this or anything I can do to change it?

Many thanks!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions
Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
There are settings in the message app settings screen to control long texts, input mode and MMS warnings and restrictions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Seems to be common in Samsung handsets. When the mode changes you should get a notification and the character count with change to kb size.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
I think most likely cause is your text creation mode settings.
I think, from memory, you need to set it to unicode.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5