Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 App and old Nexus 7

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have just got my old Nexus 7 (2013) up and working again but as it was soooo slow I reset to factory conditions and re-installed most of the Apps I think I had on there. This included the My O2 App which did install OK but when I tap on it a log on screen appears and when I try to login after a few seconds a window comes up telling me that it failed as I need Javascript and/or Cookies enabled in the browser (Chrome). 

On inspection, all these are enabled but the App still refuses to go beyond that point. I have uninstalled the App several times and installed it again but to no avail. Perhaps it doesn't work with Android 6 Marshmallow?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

MyO2 app requires Android 8 minimum (I think) now.

The security in older Android versions is no good enough.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

Apparently google no longer supports Android 6 (from Sept 19th 2019) although I'm not sure if that would affect My O2.

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here.

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) OR 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

MyO2 app requires Android 8 minimum (I think) now.

The security in older Android versions is no good enough.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks for that information. It wasn't essential for it to work it just annoyed me. It works on my current Samsung tablet and phone so that's all that matters. 

Message 4 of 4