Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Milton Keynes

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will 4G be going live in Milton Keynes? is there a list of towns and cities planned to get 4G in 2014?

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in Milton Keynes and there is No 4G here, the signal status check even says there is No 4G in the area. Your lucky to get 3g these days. Even the shop staff don't know some say it's been here for a year others say we were told it should be here the rest say what's 4g. I upgraded 8 months ago to a 4g tariff because I was told it would be here in a month. If I had known I would still be waiting I would have stayed on 3g an upgraded later.
Message 31 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Who advised you "it would be here in a month" ?

O2 have always been tight lipped over their 4G Rollout so typically a person finds out by looking at the Service Status page, or see the 4G symbol appear in their phones status bar.
Message 32 of 80

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Not even customer service know of the roll out schedule and anything you've been told I would treat with a little scepticism to be honest. I received texts around a month ago with 'exciting' news and 4G arrived some 2 weeks later.

It lasted one day before reverting back to a very poor 3G. Whether that was just in testing, I can only hope. More work is due on the masts at the back end of the week according to the status page so maybe 4G will be with me then. Too late, my number ports to EE at 5pm today although I will keep the unlimited data legacy contract that I also have.

Message 33 of 80

MI5
  • 147198 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
They have been testing 4G in MK recently so one would hope it's not far away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 34 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think yourself lucky. 3G is a dream here, infact reliable 2G would be pleasant.

No we are not that far out in the sticks...........

I hear EE calling......................
Message 35 of 80

jonsie
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I hear EE calling......................

I did too and made the move....

Message 36 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any regrets or is it all sweetness and light?

Message 37 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was the salesperson who told me 4g would be in MK in a month, that was when I upgraded back in March. If I had known I'd still be waiting I wouldnt of upgraded to a 4g tariff then I would of waited till 4g came here.
Message 38 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have this in writing on your contract then you could have a case for Mis selling.

If it was verbal then that's another matter.
Message 39 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was only verbal my word against there's
Message 40 of 80