Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Milton Keynes

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will 4G be going live in Milton Keynes? is there a list of towns and cities planned to get 4G in 2014?

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 11 of 80

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Hopefully your calling capability will be better in your area than mine - No problem at all with data though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 80

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've ordered the P&G to try it out before comitting to a contract. I did try them a couple of years ago and the call quality was ok and better coverage in my area. At the time I decided to stay with my unlimited data legacy tariff on O2 but I'm getting a little disallusioned with them now.

It beggars belief that I'm 7 miles away from a 4G area (Prestwich, Manchester) which was upgraded months ago and only 3 miles from the O2 call centre in Bury, an area that also doesn't have 4G. Shame for the loyal O2 staff working there.

Message 13 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

wouldnt let me start my own thread so having to post here..

completely fed up with a non existant connection in Milton Keynes.

for several months i have been unable to get any kind connection during lunch periods (around 11 til 3) but over the last couple of months i have been unable to get a connection for most of the day, it has made paying for my parking in the morning almost impossible.

myself and several colleagues are all having the same problem, all on o2, other networks having no problems.

it's so bad that i can't even send a simple imessage most of the time.

phone shows as a full 3G signal, the status checker on o2's website may as well be a screen shot saying that they are experiencing high volumes of useage because it never changes!

I have spoken to o2 several times and all i get back is that the terms and conditions state they cannot be held responsible if it isnt working though  and that i should try their wifi app (if i had wifi access i wouldnt care that i dont have a data connection!)

they agreed to give me £20 as a goodwill gesture, then put me on a 4g contract - i have never seen a 4g signal in over two weeks and still cannot access any data.

i don't know where to go now with this now, im paying £40+ per month and getting no real service making my phone pretty much useless unless at home on wifi

Message 14 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I understand your frustration.

Although they don't have to you could ask to be released from your contract either by sending the phone back if they agree or by paying off the remainder and moving networks. Check other's out via payg sims.
Message 15 of 80

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Official complaints process detailed here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the replies, will go down the official complaint route.

i can see looking on the o2 twitter account that lots of people have the same problem.

I am 19 months into a 24 month conract so don't really want to just give up my iphone for the remaining 5 when it's o2 who are failing to provide a service, if i was less into the contract i would look at that route though!

Message 17 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I please ask. Have you checked status at status.o2.co.uk ? If so is it saying "Sorry we are experiencing high demand in this area?". I suspect the issue here isn't signal but actually transmission. Lots of areas around the uk are suffering from congestion as there is too much traffic.

In essence data traffic goes to the mast and then transfers to fibre Backhaul either via BT or Virgin. It is the connection to the Backhaul or the fibre connection itself that causes these issues.

I would recommend you download the My Network App and report it through there AND send your complaint.

However please be prepared. My local mast to work was reported in October and was upgraded last week! !!!

Please let us know how you get on
Message 18 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also add o2 are rolling out improved 2g 3g and installing 4g to 98% of the population by 2017. Indeed around 41% already have 4g outdoors. It is coming but these are massive projects costing £1.5 million PER DAY and does take time.

FYI o2 and Vodafone are working together on this via a project called Beacon (used to be Cornerstone) and the Milton Keynes area comes under Vodafone. Go to www.vodafone.co.uk/coverage and click on coverage. Enter your postcode to see current coverage then click on planned upgrades to see if any work is planned in next 3 months. Beacon will upgrade o2 and Voda at the same time. This info currently will NOT show on o2 status as Vodafone are responsible for your area.
Message 19 of 80

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can I please ask. Have you checked status at status.o2.co.uk ? If so is it saying "Sorry we are experiencing high demand in this area?".

Yes, that's what they say in their first post slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 20 of 80