cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£30 charges for a pay and go account when I don't have one...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just checked my bank account and I've had two £30 bank charges appear from 02 UK Pay and Go. Yet I don't have a pay and go account, just pay monthly and these charges don't show up anywhere on this account.

Has anyone else experienced this or better yet can anyone suggest a way of getting in touch with O2 that doesn't involve live chat as this doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm currently in India so calling isn't an option.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It is free to call from your O2 phone http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
It may also be a good idea to query these charges with your bank.

Sorry to hear this has happened. Please follow Mi5's advice on this and lets us all know how you get on.

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mostly you need to contact your bank and ask for the charge back... They'll cancel your current bank card and will give the refund as they'll collect it back from O2 as someone has fraudlently used your card..

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cancelling the card may cause the OP further issues given they are in India.

The bank can set the card to refuse certain types of payment including mobile phone top ups.

It needs bank intervention to:
1. Stop future erroneous charges
2. Determine best solution re card as the OP needs access to funds whilst away
Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have read back on this thread and now that I realise this is something that has happened to many people before, the OP should be contacting the Fraud Dept of their Bank immediately. They will be able to explain the curcumstances of being in India, limited funds etc. If they are with a good bank with a pro-active fraud dept... they will act immediately. Yes the card may be cancelled (or have limitations placed on it).....but the fraud dept will be very sympathetic to the situation and advise accordingly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The bank will cancel the bank card so that no further fraud amount is debited from the account.. Then only they can process for the refund...

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The bank will cancel the bank card so that no further fraud amount is debited from the account.. Then only they can process for the refund...

Correct....but the better route (bank dependent)....is to go the the fraud dept of the bank initially. Having been the victim of card fraud myself in the past...this dept is the first that should be contacted.

They are a specific dept who are paid to instigate any type of fraud investigation and give help and advice to each individual customer. This poster is in India....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 will carry out their own investigation to see if this is an internal problem but won't give you details. Your bank will refund all the charges for you so their fraud department is definitely who you need to speak to. 

Message 17 of 17