cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£30 charges for a pay and go account when I don't have one...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just checked my bank account and I've had two £30 bank charges appear from 02 UK Pay and Go. Yet I don't have a pay and go account, just pay monthly and these charges don't show up anywhere on this account.

Has anyone else experienced this or better yet can anyone suggest a way of getting in touch with O2 that doesn't involve live chat as this doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm currently in India so calling isn't an option.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
If O2 have confirmed they are not linked to your pay monthly account I do honestly think your bank would be better placed to advise and investigate the charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
It is free to call from your O2 phone http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
It may also be a good idea to query these charges with your bank.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it free even when abroad?

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Yes dial this number from abroad +44 3448090202 Free

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123092 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Follow @MI5 's advice. Please do not use live chat (even if it works for you) this is an account based issue and Live Chat are not recommended for this sort of query wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Hope you get this sorted. Please let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried calling and while operator was very nice she had no idea who I needed to speak to so was put on hold and then i was either hung up on or call cut out. Why is there no way of sending an email. This charges aren't linked to my pay monthly account so I imagine I need to send my sort code & account number to trace. It's really not good it's so hard to get hold of someone to speak to.

Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123092 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I sympathise with your situation but there is no way of emailing O2 now. I may ask @Toby our community co-ordinator who may be able to help as you are in India

It really is a case of keep trying the number given though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
If O2 have confirmed they are not linked to your pay monthly account I do honestly think your bank would be better placed to advise and investigate the charges.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17