Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2G option hidden

mesittinghere
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello - I have a Nokia 7.1 SIM free handset. 

I get no 3G or 4G signal in my home, the coverage checker does say both should be great indoors, but unfortunately not a peep of a signal unless I walk out onto the road, then full signal.

If I put my sim in my old phone, a Nokia 6.1, I do get a full 2G signal in my home and everything is dandy.

Now, if I put a PAYG Vodafone SIM in my Nokia 7.1 I get the option to use 2G with full signal as the preferred network and 3 & 4G again getting very little signal.

If I put my o2 SIM in the 2G option disappears with only 3G & 4G available. Anybody know why the 2G option is being hidden by my o2 SIM?

I would use WiFi calling but that disabled by the o2 SIM as well. 

The only network where I get a good 3 \ 4G signal is Three, but I don't want to change Networks as o2 offers the best coverage as soon as I leave my house!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can on some phones. I've done it on Sony before, but don't know about Nokia. Googling for network band change might help?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@mesittinghere

Try this:

Set your Nokia 7.1 to manual network only. 

With 3 SIM, select 2G.

Power off and confirm phone holds those settings on rebooting. 

Then swap SIM. 

Worth a try. 

Also is the phone finding any updates on either network? Could be an update is missing on O2, or possibly a 3 update is interfering with O2 SIM. 

Message 12 of 12