Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 return exchange?

marvi0
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So last week I got a new phone from 02,via the refresh package's. Unfortunately the phone has developed a fault and I need to return it, within the 14 day period. Now I have read the returns policy but it's not very clear. I just want to exchange the handset with a similar handset. Do I just take it back to the store or this will need to be sent off and when they receive it, I will then get a replacement?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @marvi0 

If you bought instore you have to return to the store

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy 

If it's faulty you have 28 days to return.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @marvi0 

If you bought instore you have to return to the store

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy 

If it's faulty you have 28 days to return.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @marvi0 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new device, you have a 14-day cooling-off period which means you can return or exchange the device.

If you completed an upgrade (Existing Customer) the store can exchange the device for you like for like or you can choose a different device and airtime plan.

If you are a new customer, you will have to return the device or exchange it if you want the same device.

If you want a different device you will need to be re-credit checked for the new device as it will be a new credit agreement but this will only happen if you choose a new device. 

Hope that helps.

signature
Message 3 of 6

marvi0
  • 23 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi many thanks, I am sure I read somewhere, we're it mentioned that due to covid 19, we cannot return to the store handsets we've already opened and these needed to be sent back via post? If not great, I can go to the shop tomorrow for an exchange..
Message 4 of 6

seewhatyoucando
  • 84 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@O2Karl a upgrade is a re-contract so why doesn’t the same Consumer Regulations apply instore/online orders? A return in 14 days would cover a new customer or upgrade, 28 days if faulty
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@marvi0

If the handset is faulty they should just swap it there and then if they have it in stock.

This only applies to getting the same handset, and changes or differences means it needs to be a 14 day cooling off period return and recontract.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6